2018 Calendar of Events
Summer at the Tabernacle
(Presented by the Mt. Gretna Bible Festival)
All Programs in the Historic Mt. Gretna Tabernacle
(Third St. & Glossbrenner Ave.)
DOWNLOAD AS PDF
Tabernacle Ecumenical Worship Services - Fridays in June at 7 p.m.
- June 1 - "GOD IS ... Surprising" by Retired Pastor Jim Goudie and Rusty, former pastor of the Mount Gretna United Methodist Church, Mt. Gretna, PA
- June 8 - "GOD IS ... Looking for Exorcists" by Rev. Dr. Stephen McKinney - Whitaker, Derry Presbyterian Church, Hershey, PA
- June 15 - "GOD IS ... Full of Grace and Truth" by Pastor John Ludwig, Jr., Fontana Chapel, United Christian Church, Fontana, PA
- June 22 - "GOD IS ... In Control" by Pastor Brian Messler, Ephrata Church of the Brethren, Ephrata, PA
- June 29 - "GOD IS ... Therefore We Are" by Rev. Holly Millershenk, Dir. of Ministerial Excellence, UCC Nat'l. Headquarters, Cleveland, OH
Tabernacle Worship and Concerts - Programs start at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, June 10 - Lancaster Mennonite Children's Choir, 150 voices in grades 2-12, will perform a repertoire reflecting musical diversity of the Church.
- Sunday, June 17 - Mt. Gretna's own Andy Roberts and the Jazz Quartet will praise God with their own improvisational spritual jazz stylings.
- Sunday, June 24 - Silver, Wood and Ivory. Tracy Dietrich and Cindy Wittenberg transform music into a heavenly experience.
- Sunday, July 1 - New Holland Band: The annual patriotic and spiritual performance. The band traces its origin to 1829; directed by Dr. Kenneth Laudermilch.
- Sunday, July 8 - Michael Faircloth, touring pianist with the National Christian Choir, and as heard on WDAC, returns with selections from his best-selling CDs.
- Sunday, July 15 - Irish Blessing, the acclaimed York, PA based family band, carries on the traditional forms of Irish music and dance.
- Sunday, July 22 - Rev. Myrtle McCall, pastor at the Camp Hill Presbyterian Church will speak and Dan Dorty will provide music.
- Sunday, July 29 - Massed Choir Concert: 175 voices will sing under the direction of composer-directors Heather Sorenson and Howard Helvey.
- Saturday, August 4 - A Festival of Handbell Choirs will ring music to the praise and glory of God. Directed by Larry Henning.
- Sunday, August 5 - The Lancaster British Brass Band, renowned for their majestic repertoire, returns to capture the imagination and feed the soul.
- Wednesday, August 8 - Hymn Sing: "Hymns of Fanny Crosby" (who will be present for an interview), led by the Revs. Bob Kettering and Dr. Rod Shearer.
- Sunday, August 12 - Rev. Beau Eckert, Pastor with John Frye and the musicians of Calvary Church, Lancaster will lead us in the worship of Jesus Christ.
- Sunday, August 19 - Susquehanna Chorale, founded in 1981 by artistic director Linda Tedford, is one of the outstanding choral ensembles in the United States.
- Sunday, August 26 - QuintEssentially Brass combining musical artistry with infectious personality, again closes the summer season.
Tabernacle Morning Services - Sundays at 10:00 a.m. during July and August
- Services are led by the Mt. Gretna United Methodist Church, Rev Michael Remel, pastor.
- Communion is observed on the First Sunday of both months and is open to all.
For more information, contact
David Pierce at 717-371-1725; email@example.com
Bruce Gettle at 717-813-5319; firstname.lastname@example.org